About Purrfect Companions
- It has been scientifically proven that owning cats is good for our health and can decrease the occurrence of high blood pressure and other illnesses.
- Stroking a cat can help to relieve stress,
- A cat has more bones than a human being; humans have 206 and the cat has 230 bones. A cat's hearing is much more sensitive than humans and dogs.
- The cat's tail is used to maintain balance.
- Cats see six times better in the dark and at night than humans. Ailurophile is the word cat lovers are officially called.
- In households in the UK and USA, there are more cats kept as pets than dogs. 35% of households with cats have 2 or more cats. About 37% of American homes today have at least 1 cat.
- When a cats rubs up against you, the cat is marking you with it's scent claiming ownership. On average, a cat will sleep for 16 hours a day.
- A group of cats is referred to as a "clowder", a male cat is called a "tom" (or a "gib", if neu-tered), and a female is called a "molly" or "queen". An immature cat is called a "kitten"